Leaf Vacuuming - Monday, November 01, 2021 @ 07:00am
LEAF COLLECTION BEGINS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST (NO SET END DATE)
The City of Peru provides leaf vacuum collection for residents during the fall. Collection schedules and routes may be found here, on the city website and city calendar.
Residents are asked to please observe the following guidelines:
- Leaves must be raked to the curb, but not in the street. Leaves in the street restrict water flow to sewers and cause flooding.
- Leaves must be curbside no later than 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up day.
- Only leaves will be collected. Leaf piles with twigs, brush, branches, rocks, grass clippings or other materials mixed in will not be collected to avoid damage to vacuum equipment.
- Provide clear access to leaf piles. Do not park vehicles in front of leaves. Please keep leaves 4-5 feet away from mailboxes, poles, fire hydrants, guy wires or other potential obstructions.
- Do not bag leaves or put in cans.
- Once a street, neighborhood or route is completed, the truck is unable to return to that location until the next scheduled collection date.
- Leaf collection can be affected by both weather and volume of leaves. Every effort will be made to collect leaves from your street on the scheduled date.
LEAF COLLECTION ROUTES
Monday: 4th Street north from the west side of Calhoun Street to west end city limits.
Tuesday: 4th Street north from east side of Peoria Street to Route 251.
Wednesday: East side of Calhoun Street to west side of Peoria Street.
Thursday: West side of Pulaski Street to Route 251 and 4th Street south from the east side of Peoria Street to Route 251
Friday: East side of Pulaski Street to east end city limits and 4th Street south from west side of Calhoun Street to the west end city limits.
YARD WASTE PICKUP OPTION
As an alternative to leaf vacuum collection, residents may also put leaves in 30-gallon biodegradable yard waste bags. No stickers needed - the city has waived the requirement for 2021. Republic Services will pick up yard waste on November 5th, 12th, 19th and 27th. Bags should be placed at the curb prior to 6:00 a.m.