The Finance Officer is responsible for directing the financial operations of the City. Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the City’s financial operations to include:
- Bookkeeping department including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processing.
- Financial statement preparation, budgeting and cash flow management.
- Conducts internal auditing of other departmental financial functions.
- Evaluates financial needs of the City and develops short and long range plans to meet those needs and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Coordinates with the Office of the Peru City Clerk on matters pertaining to utility billing and other City Clerk related financial operations.
1901 4th Street
Peru, IL 61354