Office: 1901 4th Street Peru, Illinois 61354
Phone: (815) 223-0061
Welcome! You have reached your link to City Government. The City Clerk is the keeper of records and you can access those records on this web site or in person at the Clerk's office. The Clerk's office is dedicated to meeting the requirements and deadlines prescribed by City, State and Federal law to ensure the proper function of government and to provide accurate information to the citizens and to the City Administration. The Clerk is dedicated to the proper management and execution of the official records of the City of Peru and to ensure the integrity of those Records.
The Clerk's office is responsible for the billing of electric service, water and sewer, landfill and garbage charges. The Clerk employs two meter readers and two billing clerks who read and process approximately 5,700 accounts on weekly cycles. For questions regarding your bill or if your having trouble with epay please contact the billers via email at and they will assist you.
The Clerk's office also manage all accounts payable and accounts receivable for the City of Peru, including the Illinois Valley Regional Airport, and process the payroll for all City employees.
Other services provided by the City Clerk Office include:
Information on how to contact your Alderman
- Information on how to address the City Council
- City Records including minutes, resolutions and code of ordinances
- Freedom of Information Inquiries
- Voter Registration
- Peru City Cemetery records and issuance of deeds
- Liquor License records and issuance of licenses
- Coin operated machine licensing
- Dog tag licensing
- Sale of City yard bags and stickers
- Provision of a yearly City Calendar with valuable information for citizens
- Prompt assistance with garbage and recycle complaints
- Prompt assistance with all citizen concerns
Drive-thru entrance off Fulton Street drop box available 24 hours