Leaf vacuuming will begin October 19th and continue through the week before Thanksgiving, weather permitting. Take advantage of this convenient service using the following guidelines:
- Leaves are to be raked to the curb, but not in the street. Leaves in the street restrict the water flow to sewers and cause flooding.
- Do not rake twigs, brush, branches, rocks, garbage, plants, grass clippings or other materials in with the leaves, as they can cause damage to the vacuum equipment.
- Do not bag leaves or put in cans.
- Examples of potential obstructions include but are not limited to: parked vehicles, mailboxes, fire hydrants, water meters, guy wires, utility boxes, telephone poles, signs, fences and landscaping. Due to risk of damage, leaf piles too close to obstructions or mixed with foreign debris will not be collected.
- Leaf collection can be affected by both weather and volume of leaves. Every effort will be made to collect leaves from your street on the scheduled day.
Residents may click here to view the leaf collection map or read the routes below.
Monday: 4th Street north from the west side of Calhoun Street to west end city limits.
Tuesday: 4th Street north from the east side of Peoria Street to Route 251
Wednesday: East side of Calhoun Street to west side of Peoria Street
Thursday: West side of Pulaski Street to Route 251 and 4th Street south from the east side of Peoria Street to Route 251
Friday East side of Pulaski Street to east end city limits and 4th Street south from west side of Calhoun Street to the west end city limits.